I was able to write a simple song the day before my birthday this year. I was in this sort of difficult season, fighting over battles here and there, but there’s this and deep, deep longing for God, I just needed Him. That night, I was soaked in tears but I chose rest my heart on the reality of WHO HE IS… and He is my Father. And I worship Him. In that moment of worship, this song came out... He moved my heart to trust and surrender… He moved me to love and dream once again.
You are my Father
Before even time began,
You formed me and you knew who I’d be.
Long before the earth was formed,
You chose me and you believed in me.
And before I came to know my name,
You loved me and called me Your own.
And I call You Father,
Father… Abba, Father
I’m Yours from the very start
You held me up and numbered my days.
Your love draws me to Your heart,
And followed me ‘till I’m found in You.
‘Coz before my world has came to be
You dreamed for me and breathed my life.
You are my Father,
Father… Abba, Father
And I found who I am in You
I wanna find me shining for You
I wanna find me soaring for You
You are my Father,
Father… Abba, Father
-
You are my Father © 2009
Lyrics and Music by HIS MELODY
(image credits: sequoiasanchini.blogspot.com)
0 comments:
Post a Comment